Zendeq eSourcing Platform for Spot bidding and eQuote requests, addressing your challenges and allowing you to obtain spot market rates for your freight.
You are not able to only rely on your contract rates. Main reason is that there will be always unexpected events happening that will create the need to release a quote request to the market. Typical challenges faced by most shippers are:
- The number of tender rejections are growing
- Lack of knowledge, who to request a quote from, what to ask, which information is needed
- Time consuming manual sourcing process; making phone calls and sending email
- Pre-qualifiaction becomes more difficult
- Capacity is growing tighter
- Increased rates, especially on prominent tradelanes
- The average leadtimes are increasing
- Pricing is not transparant. There are many surcharges and unforeseen circumstances that drive up prices
- Due to high pricing volatility, carrier are often unable or not willing to accept guaranteed contract tenders.
It can also be more occasional driven that you need to obtain a spot bid or release a quote request, for instance;
- A new Customer Acquisition– The ROI of a new customer could outweigh the initial high cost of a spot-buy to earn a new business
- Need for Project Freight – Shipments required for a short period of time or special event such as a trade show, or other events. The nature of this type of freight means long term pricing isn’t feasible.
- Shipment Exceptions – Shipments that become temporarily delayed for whatever reason, spot freight solutions might the only way to rectify the situation.
- Expedited Shipments – The most obvious instance where spot freight is needed as urgency takes precedence over all other factors – including price.
The Zendeq application software will support in all of the above instances.